I was nominated by Clare who writes Dreams and Adventures at Cosy Cottage for the Sunshine Blogger Award, which is a peer nominated that’s purpose is to feature bloggers that have inspired or helped other bloggers or bloggers that create inspiring content. As a relatively new blogger, I’m so excited for this nomination and can’t wait to share other bloggers that write content that I love.
The Rules (as copied and pasted)
There are several rules to the Sunshine Blogger Award. The rules ensure that the award continues to spread and more bloggers can be recognized.
The rules are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to her/his blog.
2. Answer the questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award and give them 11 questions to answer.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
The Questions Cosy Cottage asked me
1. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
Deciding I was going to go to Paris even though I knew I really couldn’t afford it. I had passed up some previous travel opportunities because I did’t think I could afford it and I regret that now. The moment I heard about the Paris trip through my university, I decided that I would do it no matter what. In the end, I’m incredibly blessed to have supportive and generous family and friends in my life. I think this is the most adventurous thing I’ve done because I let myself do it even thought I thought I shouldn’t because of financial reasons and it has inspired me to continue to experience new things without talking myself out of it because of money.
2. What is your favourite place and why?
I love the Oregon Coast so much that my best friend and I spent a week on an Oregon Coast road trip. I specifically love Brookings, Oregon. Brookings is where my mom grew up, where I spent many summers growing up, and its one of those places that people drive through and miss out on all the town has to offer. Brookings isn’t a typical Oregon Coast tourist town because its best attractions are places and things you do because you are familiar with the area, not because someone online told you they are a “must see” or a “must do” when you drive through on the way to Crescent City. Brookings also has the best tide pools in Oregon (IMO)
3. Do you have a role model, someone who inspires you in some way?
I have so many people in my life that inspire me to grow and be better, and I meet new ones all the time. I even have people on my list that I have never met before. I can’t mention all the people in my life that have influenced some part of me. I think it may be my mother, because she is a motivated and determined woman that can do anything she puts her mind to.
4. Do you have a favourite book or writer?
A.A. Milne really shaped my childhood. Winnie the Pooh has been a huge feature in my life from the stuffed bear I still have and sometimes still need, to the complete works tome on my book shelf, and the fact that every now and then I need a perfectly insightful yet simple Pooh Bear quote in my life. With the revival of Pooh as an adult with the recent Christopher Robin movies, I am flung back into my appreciation for Pooh’s creator (or creators if you include father and son).
5. Do you have a favourite film?
I love Pride and Prejudice(2005). Its a movie I can watch over and over again, back to back, and still enjoy it for what it is; something strangely magical and nostalgic in its visual story telling. I think the aesthetic of the movie is what keeps me coming back. I haven’t enjoyed any other version of Pride and Prejudice (aside from Austen’s novel) as much as I have the 2005 movie version.
6. What 3 things would you not want to live without?
My family (extended included), my cat, and a therapist to keep me grounded.
7. Do you have a favourite animal? If so, what and why?
I love cats (insert “can’t hug every cat” songify here). I don’t know exactly why, but I like how cats value privacy and alone time as much as I do. As an introvert, I appreciate cats for what they are and I feel like cats might feel the same way.
8. If you could live in a different era, which one would you choose?
I thought I might say something like the Victorian or Georgian era’s of England to live out my Gothic fantasy or to be a Jane Austen heroine…but to be honest, those eras were hell for women and I think the best era for me is right now. Things still suck for women, but at least I don’t have to worry about being destitute for being unmarried after my father dies, or worrying about deadly illnesses that I could catch that we have vaccines for now.
9. What’s your favourite thing about writing a blog?
I love being able to express myself in ways I struggle with in person. I’m not the most eloquent speaker and struggle to share things about myself in meaningful ways. Writing a blog allows me to be reflective in ways that not only help me, but might help someone else. Writing a blog is also a moving target that constantly provides learning experiences. I love learning and I fee like I learn new things about blogging, writing, and myself every time I sit down to write a post or read someone else’s.
10. What advice would you give your younger self?
It’s okay to ask for help when you need it.
11. If you were granted 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
I would wish for
- Plastic to never have been created, but instead sustainable and renewable alternatives were first.
- That magic was real (I couldn’t help myself).
- For injustice and inequality to disappear along with those who intentionally and knowingly perpetuate it for self gain.
1. What made the best day of your life so far the best day of your life?
2. What is the most recent thing you learned (about yourself, someone else, the world, or anything really)?
3. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
4. What never fails to make you smile?
5. What is something you failed at initially, but turned into a teaching moment?
6. What does the perfect day look like to you?
7. What do you want more of in your life?
8. If you could only give one piece of advice to another blogger or writer, what would it be?
9. How would you describe your personal aesthetic?
10. Who is the character (movie, TV, books, video game or even real) that has influenced your life the most?
11. Why did you decide to start blogging?
2. Mike at Freedom.Traveler
3. Dana Wehde at St. Martha’s Lense
4. April at The Minimalist Taurus
5. Marissa at The Happy Minimalist Girl
6. Rachel at Rachel Rendezvous
7. Marina at Me Exploring
9. Ness at NESSLINEHAM
10. Lane at Broek in Wonderland
11. Adelaide at Local & Bespoke